HGNY will be hosting indoor rock climbing for a limited number of participants at Buffalo CRG on Monday evenings between the 6:00 to 8:00 PM time slot. To inform our HGNY team that you are interested in this program CLICK HERE and select the program you would like to register for.
Veterans and their supporters are invited to participate in our Intro to Horsemanship Day Program with Higher Ground NY. In this program you will participate in horsemanship lessons and trail riding facilitated by our partners at Wolcott Farms.
There is a limited amount of space in this program, we will be selecting participants on a first come, first served basis. To inform our HGNY team that you are interested in this program CLICK HERE and select the program you would like to register for.
**Participants must be selected for a program, and availability is subject to change. Please contact Event PoC with any questions!**
Our week-long outdoor therapeutic recreation programs support those experiencing symptoms of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Traumatic Brain Injury, Military Sexual Trauma, and/or Polytrauma. The program is designed to help you discover a renewed sense of belonging, improve quality of life, and connect you with a community.
October 7-13, 2020 Couples Week-long Horsemanship Program
- Who: 9 Veterans/Service Members and their spouse or significant other. This program is open to both female and male veterans.
- What: Horseback riding and skill building through various activities (grooming, tacking, trail riding, arena riding, etc.) NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. All riding levels welcome.
- Where: Warsaw, NY
- Cost: Higher Ground Covers ALL related costs for veterans and their supporter
A few notes about our program:
- Registration: Our programs are for veterans with symptoms of PTSD, TBI, MST, and/or polytrauma. If you would like to attend a program, you must first register on our website under the Programs tab of our website. From there, a Participant Coordinator will be in contact with you regarding available opportunities for you. If you have already registered but your contact information has changed, please let us know so we can continue to inform you of upcoming programs! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with any relevant changes.
- One-Time Experience: Due to our lengthy wait list, we are only able to provide one week-long program. We provide resources to find recreation in your home community, as well as 3 years of follow-up after you have completed our program.
- Recreational Therapy: Our programs incorporate daily group discussions to reflect on the impact of recreation, typically they last about an hour right before dinner.