August 4-10, 2021 Mixed Singles Week-long Rock Climbing Program
- Who: 10 Veterans/Service Members. This program is open to both female and male veterans.
- What: Intro to rock climbing with Paradox Sports. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. All skill levels welcome.
- Where: Rumney, NH
- Accessibility: The approach can range from 20 – 45 minutes of navigating various terrain (uneven trails with rocks, boulders, stone steps, sand and gravel, uphill/downhill) before arriving at the climbing site.
- Cost: Higher Ground Covers ALL related costs for veterans and their supporter
**Participants must be selected for a program, and availability is subject to change. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation, and will continue to follow CDC, State, and County health and safety guidelines as we run in-person programming. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions**
A few notes about our program:
- Registration: Our programs are for veterans with symptoms of PTSD, TBI, MST, and/or polytrauma. If you would like to attend a program, you must first register on our website under the Programs tab of our website. From there, a Participant Coordinator will be in contact with you regarding available opportunities for you. If you have already registered but your contact information has changed, please let us know so we can continue to inform you of upcoming programs!
- One-Time Experience: Due to our lengthy wait list, we are only able to provide one week-long program. We provide resources to find recreation in your home community, as well as 3 year continuum of care after you have completed our program.
- Recreational Therapy: Our programs incorporate daily group discussions to reflect on the impact of recreation, typically they last about an hour right before dinner.
August White Water Kayaking Program for Male Veterans
- Who: 9 male veterans and their supporters Note: As part of our individuals programming, you may bring a supporter, which can be a close family member or friend who is a significant part of your daily life (civilian over 18 or veteran) to attend the program, free of cost.
- What: A week of recreational therapy through white water kayaking and rafting — no experience necessary
- When: August 9 – 15, 2021
- Where: Salmon River, Idaho
- Accommodations: Primitive beach camping, tents provided
- Accessibility: Must be able to enter and exit unsteady raft and traverse rocky, sandy beaches with assistance
- Cost: HG covers all related costs, including travel costs for both veterans and supporters