“THESE DATES ARE TENTATIVE…CHECK WITH EVENT CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION.“
Come join the Higher Ground Los Angeles (HGLA) Military Program as they host a week-long therapeutic recreation based “singles” program serving military personnel and veterans with traumatic brain injury (TBI), post-traumatic stress (PTS), military sexual trauma (MST) and other polytrauma in the greater Laguna Beach, California area. Even if you’ve never surfed or kayaked on the ocean before, this program is the perfect opportunity for you to learn. HGLA will provide a comprehensive recreational therapy program for veterans and their supporter. Primary activities include but are not limited to: camping, surfing, kayaking and paddle-boarding, morning stretch and daily group processing.
JOIN THIS UNIQUE EVENT & SUPPORT A GREAT CAUSE
Laps for Limbs is an ability-focused, community organization that raises awareness and funds in support of veterans and children with limb loss and limb differences.
Laps for Limbs Model: Awareness + Inclusion + Community = Opportunity
WHAT WE DO
- Rather than a typical road race, Laps for Limbs promotes accessibility and inclusivity. The Buffalo State College Track is fully accessible. This event is open to people of all abilities and ages.
- This walk/run/roll event creates community advocacy, in a fun family-friendly environment, with a focus on improved quality of life and participation in recreational activities.
- Since 2012, Laps for Limbs has donated over $70K to children, amputees and disabled veterans. In addition, event participants have completed 2,071 miles in support of this great cause.
ALL PROCEEDS WILL BENEFIT CAMP NO LIMITS & HIGHER GROUND
- Camp No Limits is for children with limb loss/limb differences and their families, with a focus on education, mentorship and peer support.
- Higher Ground’s mission is to enhance veteran quality of life through inclusive therapeutic recreation and education for people of all abilities.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Sign up for the Western New York Event @ Buffalo State College: REGISTER HERE
- For those who cannot join us @ Buffalo State College, we have a Virtual Option! REGISTER HERE
- There is no registration fee, however, participants are encouraged to find sponsors, either per lap or for a flat donation.
- Donations can be made via Paypal to Lapsforlimbs@gmail.com or by check, payable to Laps for Limbs, Inc. Cash donations are also accepted at the event.
Thank you for supporting Laps for Limbs and our #adaptABLE campaign for limb loss awareness!
Higher Ground New York (HGNY) Military Program is pleased to host a week-long therapeutic recreation based “singles” program serving military personnel and veterans with traumatic brain injury (TBI), post-traumatic stress (PTS), military sexual trauma (MST) and other polytrauma on the grounds of the Beaver Hollow Conference Center. In collaboration with Beaver Hollow, HGNY will provide a comprehensive recreational therapy and alternative health and wellness program for veterans and their supporter. Activities include: morning stretch, kayak, fishing, nutrition, fitness, team building activities and daily group processing.