September Golf Program for Male and Female Veterans
- Who: 9 male veterans and their significant others
- What: A week of recreational therapy through golf and other activities — no experience necessary
- When: September 23-29, 2021
- Where: Hailey, Idaho
- Accommodations: Private lodge in Hailey, ID
- Accessibility: Adaptive equipment for a limited number of golfers
- Cost: HG covers all related costs, including travel costs for both veterans and supporters
Wyoming County Veterans Day Programs with Higher Ground New York
Please use the link below if you are interested and available to attend. REGISTRATION WILL BE REQUIRED and programs will be filled on a first come – first served basis. Please use the link below to share your interest in our kayaking day program. You will receive an email response from our HGNY team shortly with more information on the programming you selected an interest in. Submitting this form is NOT an official registration, a team member will follow up with you in regard to specific program details.
**Participants must be selected for a program, and availability is subject to change. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation, and will continue to follow CDC, State, and County health and safety guidelines as we run in-person programming. Please contact natasha@highergroundusa with any questions**
Our week-long outdoor therapeutic recreation programs support those experiencing symptoms of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Traumatic Brain Injury, Military Sexual Trauma, and/or Polytrauma. The program is designed to help you discover a renewed sense of belonging, improve quality of life, and connect you with a community. October 6-12, 2021 Week-long Equine Program for Veterans and their Spouse/Significant Other
- Who: 6 Veterans in relationship (couples program).
- What: Horseback riding and skill building through various activities (grooming, tacking, trail riding, arena riding, etc.) with Wolcott Farms. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. All riding levels welcome.
- Where: Warsaw, NY
- Cost: FREE – Higher Ground Covers ALL program related costs
- Submit interest: CLICK HERE
A few notes about our program:
- Registration: Our programs are for veterans with symptoms of PTSD, TBI, MST, and/or polytrauma. If you would like to attend a program, you must first register on our website under the Programs tab of our website. From there, a Participant Coordinator will be in contact with you regarding available opportunities for you. If you have already registered but your contact information has changed, please let us know so we can continue to inform you of upcoming programs!
- One-Time Experience: Due to our lengthy wait list, we are only able to provide one week-long program. We provide resources to find recreation in your home community, as well as 3 years of follow-up after you have completed our program.
- Recreational Therapy: Our programs incorporate daily group discussions to reflect on the impact of recreation, typically they last about an hour right before dinner.